Saturday 22 June 2013

2 weeks, 14 days, 0 regrets (well, only little ones)

Well, it's been exactly 2 weeks now since the last time I behaved like a dick. Funnily enough it's also been two weeks since the last time I drank. Could it be that the two things are connected. Hmmmm...

I've been surprised at how easy I've been finding things. I have been avoiding bars but even when I have been in bars and restaurants I haven't found it hard to say no. I've been choosing friends to go out with who wouldn't encourage me, but that's irrelevant: I usually like drinking alone at home as I can cause less trouble. 3 litres of wine in an evening at home wasn't unusual. However, I would usually cringe the next day seeing who I called or read the messages I'd texted people. And way too often I would leave the house and carry on in a bar.....

I know in my mind that everything is better without booze, but many things seem dull without it. I do wonder about the strength of my destructive streak. For someone who's afraid of dying I do a good job of trying to cut my life short.

Anyhow, I'll have a big swig of water now to celebrate 2 weeks of sobriety. Knowing my luck it'll probably go down the wrong hole and end up choking me to death.

No comments:

Post a Comment