Friday 21 June 2013

Days 7 to.....

Boring, boring, boring.....

Tomorrow will be 2 weeks since I last had a drink. And 1 week ago today I had my last cigarette. Everything has been pretty easy, but soooo boring. My typical day:

Wake up and try to forget that I used to have a cigarette before my eyes were open.

Have breakfast.

Do the bookwork for my job.

Go out on my bike for about 3 hours.

Eat, maybe in a restaurant with friends.

Sleep.

I'm waiting for all of the positive things to start happening to me. I don't have to cough and puke any more when I'm doing sport but I am so tired, all of the time and feel depressed and not at all motivated to do anything. Apparently this is normal. I've been out with friends in the evening this week a couple of times. One of the guys never drinks or smokes and the other guy stopped smoking years ago so they were a good choice of companions. Still, every time I smelled cigarette smoke I thought about smoking.....And I'm sure I would have had more fun with a drink or 20. But I'm feeling proud of myself.

Giving up drinking can make you feel as if you've lost a supportive friend but a friend who can't help getting you into trouble. Stopping smoking is like losing a friend who was always there for you but who will ultimately be the death of you. It's hard to stop thinking about my "friends" as I know that I really should stay out of their way. Things would also be easier if I could stop thinking about S. But that's a different story...

No comments:

Post a Comment