Thursday 13 June 2013

Days 4 and 5

Both days have passed peacfully but I feel so very tired. What many people forget is that alcohol can fill you with energy. If I don't go out in the evening I am happy to fall asleep. In fact I find it hard to stay awake. I'm going to have to find a hobby of some sort which is unrelated to drinking. Hardly a surprise considering my job but I can't think of many people who I do anything with who aren't connected to getting drunk with.

Just been reading about Anthony Hopkins. He was a raving alcoholic who suddenly stopped drinking in 1975 after having enough of not remembering what he had done the night before. I once read that he woke up in the middle of an American desert next to an empty bottle of tequila not having a clue where he was or how he got there. I could fill a book with similar stories, such as the time I woke up in a friends car in the middle of a field, neither of us knowing in which country we were in. maybe I'll save such stories for my autobiography.

Tonight I'll have a nice granny evening and read a book with a cup of tea. I'm really going to have to find something interesting to do before I start spending every night like a pensioner....

No comments:

Post a Comment